Penpergwm House has to date not had Covid-19 and we are very proud of getting through 18 months without the infection invading our Home. We follow the guidance from Public Health Wales and Welsh Government very closely and continue to do so in order to keep our Residents safe.
Current Status – March 2022
- 98% current Residents are double vaccinated (Oxford Astrazeneca)
- 98% Staff are double vaccinated (Pfizer) and have had the booster (Pfizer)
- Every member of staff on site is PCR tested once a week and LFD tested a further two times a week. Care staff LFD test every time they are on shift
- Masks are worn at all times within the Resident’s Home
- Any Resident or new Client who returns from hospital self-isolates in their room for 3 days if LFD test is clear
- Any new admission from the community who has been double vaccinated, will NO LONGER have to self-isolate for 14 days
- Full PPE is worn by EVERY member of staff for any Resident who is self isolating and is worn correctly. You will have lots of visitors if self isolating don’t you worry
COVID19 VISITING REQUIREMENTS
(updated March 2022)
|Visit Type||Arrange with||LFD Test||Arrival Time||Duration of visit||Visitor Numbers||Parking Location||Physical Contact||PPE||Visit Declaration||Other|
|Video Call||Office||No||N/A||Unlimited||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Penpergwm will call when client is ready|
|Walk Around||We would be delighted if you wanted to continue your visit with a walk (or wheel) around our Garden and grounds with your relative, for an extended time. No restrictions.|
You are now welcome to arrive at PH whenever you would like with a current, negative LFD test.
No restrictions on length of visit
If you are coming as a party of more than two we do politely ask you to let us know so we can continue to provide an appropriate safe space for larger groups.
|Either car park||Yes||Once seated face coverings may be removed and only worn if hand holding or when you leave||Yes||You will be provided with a disposable face covering and required to wash your hands before your visit in our facilities. There is a sign in book and please confirm your temperature.|