We want to support you in any way we can and we are proud to be able to provide a wide range of care options within Penpergwm House. However you may want some further help to negotiate your (or your relative's) next stage in life and to assist you in making the right choices and decisions regarding your or their care going forward.
Our promise of care is to endeavour to guide you through this process and to ensure that our main priority is understanding the individual need of each and every client.
We hope you might find these helpful:
Understanding Attendance Allowance:
What is Alzheimer’s Disease? This fact sheet answers a lot of questions.
The Independent Age https://www.independentage.org/information also produce a range of fantastic Wise Guides:
- Wise Guide 1: Advice for later life - support and entitlements for over-65s
- Wise Guide 2: Extra help at home - essential advice for over-65s to live independently
- Wise Guide 3: Healthy, happy, connected - support and advice for older people living alone
- Wise Guide 4: Choosing a care home - how to get the best out of your move
- Wise Guide 5: Your health and the NHS - helping you get the care you need as you get older
Understanding the cost of Care: