Hours: 3 x 12 hour shifts per week (and to provide ad hoc cover which may include weekends)
Starting from: ASAP
Qualifications: Minimum QCF 3 or working towards one
Experience: Minimum 2 years working in the care industry
Reporting to: Registered Manager and Senior Team Leader
Pay: £9.50 p/h (£9 p/h)
Penpergwm House is looking for a Care Leader who is caring, calm and confident in leading a team of carers to provide an exceptional care service for our clients. This is a busy care setting and high standards are expected in all areas of the home, at all times. NOTE: Due to the rural nature of our setting, being a driver with access to your own vehicle is a requirement.
Penpergwm House Residential Home is a very well established Care Home where quality service and care for our clients is at the heart of what we do. Our Care Leaders are the vital link between the clients, day to day care staff and the Senior Team Leader and Manager. Throughout the whole week – this individual must be responsible for ensuring that the Care provision within the setting is coordinated safely and effectively with the well being of each and every client at the core of their role. You must be friendly, professional, responsive, articulate and have the ability to work under pressure. A good knowledge of the Care industry is a must with the ability to both give and follow instructions.
- To administer medication to the residents, which may include the ordering, booking and returning of medication.
- To liaise with clients, their families, advocates, medical professionals and representatives when needed.
- To assist the Senior Team Leader in all aspects of care provision.
- To do and review care plans and risk assessments, escalating any significant changes or concerns
- Keeping up to date and accurate manual and computerised care records.
- Ensure all charts, forms and paperwork are completed by carers before the end of the shift
- Assist with new client admissions and booking in their medication.
- Ensure accident and incident forms of clients are completed accurately by staff when necessary.
- To report any allegations of abuse to the Senior Team Leader or the Registered Manager.
- Staff supervisions and spot checks of carers, dealing with any poor performance or misconduct.
- Lead the carers to promote team work, effective communication and a proactive and positive working environment as well as encouraging carers to take the initiative in solving problems.