Penpergwm Home Care would like YOU to be part of a dedicated team to support one of our clients. We seek to recruit a number of individuals who really want to make a difference to someone’s life and feel really proud of the work that they are doing.
If you are committed and compassionate – and want flexibility – this could a perfect opportunity for you? We are looking for determined and positive individuals who are inspired to work together to support and make the difference. You will be involved in a range of care and meeting the psychological needs of a client who needs round the clock support. You will NEED to be caring and attentive with the necessary skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people you care for. This role involves the support of qualified professionals as well.
- One full time wake night staff (weekdays) 10pm – 7am
- One part time wake night staff (weekends) 10pm – 7am
- Two full time/part time staff to cover Monday – Saturday – 5pm – 10pm
Essential Skills for this placement:
- Have a strong sense of responsibility
- Be reliable & trustworthy
- Have a willingness to learn
- Have effective communication skills
- Be flexible and have an impressive “can do” attitude
You will be expected to:
- Support CPNs (Community Psychiatric Nurses) and Local Mental Health Teams in the assessment of needs of individuals referred to the service, obtaining additional information as necessary.
- Effectively manage and maintain one’s own case load to ensure that an effective service is delivered to our clients.
- Work alongside the client, CPN and Local Mental Health Team to draw up support plans to meet identified needs and ensure support is delivered in line with the support plan.
- Support our clients in moving towards independent living in a recovery orientated way.
- Review progress and relevance of risk assessments and support plans so management can update accordingly to ensure that risk is managed effectively, monitored on a regular basis.
- Encourage our clients to provide their views on the service, eg through feedback surveys.
- Liaise with other agencies and on behalf of our clients, if needed, as part of planned support, to include participation in joint meetings and case reviews, ensuring collaboration and effective support planning
- Support our clients to access information and advice in order that they are able to make informed choices in matters that affect them, to promote their dignity and independence.
Penpergwm Home Care will reward your hard work with:
- A very competitive hourly rate and paid mileage
- Contracted Hours or a Flexible Contract, if preferred
- Your DBS cost covered if you stay in post for over 3 months
- A comprehensive induction and a strong commitment to support your PDP
- Pension options
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £8.65 /hour