JOB DESCRIPTION – TRAINER
This role will be key in delivering the Penpergwm House Ltd training provision as well as promoting the culture of the organisation through learning and development interventions that incorporate our values, behaviour and standards. You need to be a coach, a mentor and educator with the ability to create and deliver innovative and engaging sessions, incorporating a blended approach to cater for all learning styles.
Job Purpose: To work with the Managers to ensure the smooth running of the Residential Home & Home Care service, ensuring all staff have the adequate skills, knowledge, behaviors and attitudes to perform their duties according to the Regulation & Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016 and the Social Services & Well-Being (Wales) Act 2014.
Reporting to: General Manager, Registered Manager
To be responsible for the overall staff training provision at Penpergwm House Ltd.
To plan, design, deliver, assess, evaluate, record and adapt training to ensure all staff in both the Home and Home Care are compliant with the above Acts.
Days & Hours: approx 16 -20 a week
• To check qualifications of new staff
• To ensure each new member of staff starts formal induction training, including the AWIF where applicable, within 30 days of arriving and subsequently attends all mandatory training.
• To do a training needs analysis on an annual basis to determine priorities, budgets and planning to suit the needs of the business based on external factors e.g. new legislation, the assessment and evaluation of prior training, the audience and the care provision.
• To design bespoke courses in order to ensure the high standards of Penpergwm House are always enhanced and improved.
• To be proactive in researching new legislation, training materials, ideas and courses to provide to staff in the most cost-effective manner
• To attend courses, seminars and training sessions and use these as a basis for developing relevant courses for staff.
• To deliver courses using a variety of methods, and with an understanding of the audience, to ensure effective outcomes.
• To asses effectiveness of training provision by ad hoc questioning, spot checks, tutoring new staff, observing practice and collating evidence of good practice
• To evaluate training provision based on the assessments and make recommendations to management for improvement.
• To report to management any issues or areas of concern, whether it is about clients, staff or training.
• To record all training provided, whether it is formal or informal, for all staff.
• To liaise with external training providers to access other training
• To work with training providers who deliver QCF training to staff so that the staff feel supported and understand the requirements of the qualifications
• To be proactive in ensuring all staff are compliant with their training and to be flexible enough to adapt sessions where needed e.g. if staff have dyslexia, unusual shifts or work in the community
• Design, print and issue attendance certificates when required.
• Prepare training room for courses, providing clip boards and pens etc. plus any other equipment required e.g. screen, to include light refreshments. If unable to prepare the room personally, ensure that someone else has accepted responsibility for this.
• Ensure the training room is cleared immediately after each course so that it can be used by others for meetings, etc.
• To review, reflect and identify your own professional development needs.
• At least 2 years’ experience in the care sector
• Excellent, engaging teaching skills and the ability to deliver the message suitable to a range of audiences
• Proactive and enthusiastic about improving standards and developing staff to reach their fullest potential
• Be able to support and encourage staff who have less confidence in their own abilities
• Computer literate to a high standard to ensure courses provided through online facilities are accessed and completed by the staff, record keeping and reports are accurate and succinct
• Good communication skills, with a warm approachable personality
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Driving licence essential